To our Valued Customers & Suppliers:
I want to personally thank you for your partnership especially during this unprecedent COVID-19 outbreak. Rest assured that we are taking decisive actions to ensure business continuity for our customers. Simultaneously, the safety of our employees and products remains our highest priority. We have established a WSI COVID-19 Task Force to address all issues related to this situation. This group is acting in accordance with information gathered from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), federal and state agencies, our customers, and other sources to evaluate and mitigate potential impacts to our supply chain.
Other important steps taken include:
- Comprehensive employee policy and guideline document to all employees
- Actively communicating with our suppliers to ensure contingency plans are in place to provide us with raw materials and key inputs to make our products
- Increased precautionary measures at manufacturing and office sites such as additional sanitation procedures
- Added sanitation staff and scheduling overtime to support new procedures
- Developed new plant level response teams at each of our locations
- Planned operational contingencies that leverage the flexibility we have to re-assign staff, equipment and scheduling priorities across our four facilities to meet our customers’ needs
- Using our already drafted “Pandemic Response Plan” to clarify next steps under various scenarios
- Closing our facilities to outside visitors and suspending all unnecessary travel
I feel fortunate to have such a strong group of very talented professionals on our leadership team dedicated to this effort. Thank you again for your confidence in us. Please stay safe and healthy!
President & CEO
Whitehall Specialties, Inc. & NewFields™ plant-based division