Manage plant Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) programs to ensure operations minimize the impact upon the environment and provide a safe and incident-free work environment. Responsible for leading and supporting the development and implementation of a facility-wide EHS culture through technical support, program development, and relationship building. Implement Key Concepts of Safety to provide the road map to zero injuries and world class performance. Implement Environmental Management System and maintain documentation to ensure compliance and complete all environmental reporting in a timely manner. Provide leadership in raising awareness, tracking progress, and driving results against sustainability goals, including energy, water and waste. Plan and/or deliver programs to train managers and employees in work site safety and environmental practices. Promote plant safety, environmental responsibility and sustainability stewardship by working with all departments to analyze current situation and recommend improvements. Analyze data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
- Manages all aspects of environment, health, safety and sustainable development programs.
- Directs environmental compliance and performance functions in accordance with regulations and compliance policies.
- Ensures timely submittal of all regulatory reports.
- Promotes an incident-free work environment by developing programs that routinely train, monitor and assure a safe and compliant workplace.
- Plans and delivers programs to train managers and employees in workplace safety practices and procedures.
- Assists in incident investigations and prepares incident reports.
- Conducts inspections and audits in plant and at other facilities to detect existing or potential hazards and determine corrective or preventive measures.
- Facilitates the Safety Committee process by active participation in the subcommittee process and acts as a resource for each group.
- Facilitates the Green Team to drive projects and engagement that will lead to reductions in energy and water usage and waste minimization
- Ensures required data is entered into the EHS reporting tools on a monthly basis.
- Administers Workers Compensation vendor relationships, processes, leaves and return to work in coordination with Human Resources.
- Guides and directs plants toward compliance with State, Federal and local Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Determines and directs necessary OSHA, EPA and Whitehall Specialties training for all individuals and ensures compliance and understanding.