Whitehall Specialties is a food products manufacturer undergoing significant Information Systems and Process changes to better support its manufacturing business. We are a progressively run company with a focus on growth and development of both product and people.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Cost Accountant interested in being part of the team to move the company to the next level of full product costing. The position reports to the Plant Controller.
· Help build, implement, and maintain fully costed Bill of Materials
· Support ongoing Bill of Material updates and maintenance
· Reporting and analyses of monthly manufacturing variances, and identifying and isolating causes of variances
· Working with the Controller in the annual budget process to update annual manufacturing overhead and direct labor rates
· Updating product costing models to allow for changes to the business’ manufacturing processes
· Supporting monthly close activities associated with ensuring proper inventory costing
· Supporting the portions of the annual audit associated with the review of the Company’s product costing methods and standards
· The position might also support producing monthly departmental reports for the manufacturing departments at the Company and in providing associated analyses to the business leads
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· Prefer 2 years relevant work experience in manufacturing environment
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong Spreadsheet Skills
· Understanding of manufacturing ERP systems
Wage based on skills and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Excellent Health Plan Options, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), Paid Uniforms, Shift Bonus, Annual Bonus, Life, Voluntary Life Options, AD&D, Short & Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Prescription Safety Glasses and Employee Assistance Plans.