Join our team in Slippery Rock, PA!
Ornua Ingredients of North America, formerly Whitehall Specialties, is a Wisconsin-based cheese product company with its headquarters located in the heart of the Midwestern United States. We take pride in making quality cheese products for our customers. Join a team with strong values and unparalleled work ethic.
Our part-time Administrative Assistant is responsible for running and coordinating the day-to-day administrative duties of our offices. This role ensures that visitors and potential applicants entering our locations have a warm and welcoming experience. They will also support various administrative processing needs. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and excellent communication are critical in this role.
Hours for this position will be Mon – Friday, 4 hours per day (schedule can be discussed further through interviewing process and has some flexibility between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Creates a welcoming environment, answers phone calls, greets visitors and conducts check in processes for those entering the office.
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office by carrying out administrative duties such as filing, copying, document organization, faxing, scanning, creating signage, etc.
- Data entry and metrics recording.
- Performs general office housekeeping, cleaning and sanitizing.
- Supports WSI ‘great place to work’ initiatives and events.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required
- Two years of office administration support preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Excellent communication
- Document management
- Uphold confidentiality of sensitive information
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Must type 60 words per minute; proficient in 10 key
- High attention to detail
- Organizational efficiency
- Willingness to serve others
- Maintain excellent attendance
- Orientation to teamwork
- Multi-line phone
- Sit in a stationary position up to 80% of workday
- Walk occasionally as needed to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Use hands/fingers to handle or feel, operate, activate, use, prepare office related items.
- Constantly operates a computer, phone and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Climb stairs/ladders
- Communicate verbally with employees and visitors
- Vision requirements include reading computer screens, identifying colors, anticipating employees and visitors.
- Ability to lift and carry office related items up 50 pounds as needed in the office (boxes of paper)
- Works in general office conditions regularly
- May be exposed to general manufacturing operations requiring personal protective equipment such as uniform, bump cap, safety glasses and hearing protection.
- Responsible ordering of office and orientation supplies