Join our team in Whitehall, WI!
Whitehall Specialties is a Wisconsin-based cheese company located in the heart of the Midwestern United States. We take pride in making quality cheese products for our customers. Join a team with strong values and unparalleled work ethic.
The Maintenance Technician will ensure production equipment operates safely and efficiently. You must be highly motivated and able to work independently while also functioning effectively as part of a team. We are seeking highly organized and detail-oriented candidates, with strong multitasking and time-management skills.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for:
- The setup and teardown manufacturing processing equipment used in the production of cheese products.
- Diagnosing, repairing, and troubleshooting equipment breakdowns and repairs.
- Performing preventative machine maintenance.
- Recording time to repair information and appropriate machine repair and maintenance documentation.
- Managing work orders and their priorities with direction from management.
- Determining replacement parts needed for repairs.
- Consulting with outside vendors for facility and/or equipment repair.
- Operating maintenance equipment including welder, grinder, ohm meters and predictive maintenance tools, etc.
- Programming AC drives, chart recorders, pressure sensors, and flow meters for control of motor at specific rates.
- Calibrating scales, pressure and temperature sensors and related equipment to keep accurate readings.
- Writing basic machine maintenance procedures, preventative maintenance schedules information, and training procedures to keep equipment running properly and efficiently using Microsoft programs.
- troubleshoot facility and processing equipment in a timely manner to reduce mechanical down time.
- Analyze source(s) of problems to determine root cause of problem and diagnose repeat breakdowns or malfunctions.
- troubleshoot and re-program PLCs to keep equipment running efficiently.
- Assist and coordinate special projects to reduce costs, ensure safety, and enhance quality.
- Participate in training of team members.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Monday-Friday, 10PM-6AM + OT as required and weekend availability