3rd Shift Food Safety and Quality Assurance Lead
The FSQ Lead must be proficient with all procedures related to Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs and will assist the FSQ Supervisor in the implementation and certification of the facility under SQF, and regulatory compliance. The FSQ Lead works closely with production in reporting any out-of-specification products or ingredients as soon as possible. He/She will work with Managers, Supervisors, Line Leads, the Food Safety & Quality Team, and across all facility departments to ensure all employees follow GMP’s and Quality protocols, supporting compliance with SQF Certification and local, state, and federal regulations. Must be highly motivated and organized with the willingness to learn. May occasionally be required to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Accurately performs analytical procedures
- Manages special projects as assigned by the FSQ Supervisor/Manager
- Manages the Positive Release and Hold Program
- Assists SQF Practitioner(s) in Food Safety Program review in preparation for SQF Audits
- Performs Redzone QMS Admin duties
- Performs and manage internal GMP audits
- Understands and enforces facility GMP and Safety requirements
- Informs upper management immediately of any food safety risks or significant non-conformances and take action to maintain the integrity and efficacy of the Food Safety and Food Adulteration / Food Defense programs
- Applies knowledge of customer expectations, regulatory requirements, Food Safety & Quality standards to serve as a technical resource for issues relating to Operations, Sales, R&D, Maintenance, Warehouse, and Logistics
- Assists with decision-making, assessing risk, troubleshooting, problem solving
- Completes any task as assigned by FQA Supervisor/Manager
- Provides back-up support for the FSQ Supervisor
We are looking for a dependable, responsible, hardworking, self-starting individual.
Education and/or prior experience in a lab or in the food industry a plus.
Four Health Plan Options, Dental and Vision, Employer Paid Life, Voluntary Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation and Sick/Disability Time Off Accounts, Paid Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Service Awards, Employer paid Uniform and Shoe Program, Tuition Reimbursement, and More!