As co-sponsors of this year’s Big Cup Golf Tournament in conjunction with Whitehall Public Golf Course, Whitehall Specialties (WSI) and NewFields plant-based cheese are excited to announce a bigger and better socially distanced and VIRTUAL plan for this year’s Big Cup Golf Tournament. Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are making significant one-time changes to protect everyone’s safety.
Scheduled for Saturday, August 22, the Big Cup Golf Tournament benefits youngsters in our community. All proceeds will be donated to the Whitehall School District Food Service Program.
Here’s a rundown of our revised agenda:
Big Cup Golf
- We are playing individual foursomes with regular tee times. Please call the golf course at 715-538-4800 to set up a tee time of your choice, based on availability. The course was reserved for this event so times will be available.
- For those interested in playing in the revised format event on Saturday, August 22, you will receive the use of (half fee) a golf cart per each 2 people, along with a bagged lunch.
- The game is the “best ball” group plays the best shot at each stroke. All players must use 3 drives, marked on the card.
- There will be prizes for the “low net team” (winner of the Big Cup); “fewest team puts” and a “skins pool” of $500 divided among teams winning a skin. Results will be shared after the event rather over media than in a group setting. In case of a tie for the fewest team puts, the hole will be drawn after the event.
- Golfers in the event will receive a goody bag for participating, and have a chance to win up to 10-hole sponsorship prizes.
If you previously signed up and choose not to play, you will still receive a coupon for a round of golf at the Whitehall Public Golf Course, to be used by September 26, 2020.
Whitehall Specialties will host a Virtual Silent Auction
The silent auction will run on our social media accounts. Bidding starts at 7 a.m. on August 24, 2020 and runs through 5 p.m. on September 4, 2020. Winners will be notified by WSI or the golf course. You will also have the chance to make a cash donation without bidding. The recipient of the funds from the Auction and donations is the Whitehall School district.
We’d be happy to have you join us! We think this will be a great approach that gets us all out to support a good cause, play some golf and stay safe!
If you would like to donate a silent auction item, please contact Erica Sorenson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whitehall Public Golf Course is located at 36535 West Street, Whitehall, WI 54773.