Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- 1/2 lb. 293 “Mega Melt” White American Cheese Product, cubed or shredded
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. red cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 6 fresh deli rolls
- 2 lbs. shaved deli roast beef
- 1 tsp. Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- Sauce of choice (optional)
Combine the Whitehall Specialties 293 “Mega Melt,” milk, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt in a medium sauce pan. Heat over medium-low, stirring frequently, until cheese is completely melted and hot. Keep warm.
In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat, and place the deli roll halves in the skillet until golden brown. Remove the rolls from the skillet and set aside.
Heat 2 additional tablespoons butter in the skillet and add the sliced roast beef. Sprinkle with Montreal steak seasoning and cook until warm. Remove to a plate and set aside.
Add the remaining butter to the skillet and add the onion and peppers. Cook vegetables over medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes, or until softened.
Build the sandwiches by placing a pile of the warm roast beef on the bottom half of each roll and then topping with cooked vegetables. Generously spoon cheese sauce over the top and cover with top half of roll. Serve immediately with sauce of choice.